Robledo Carrera 72a No. 78b-50, Medellín
+57 4 516 7770 Ext. 1104 (Colombia)
+1 610 616 3922 (US)
The clinical trial site at the Bolivarian University Clinic (Clínica Universitaria Bolivariana) has access to patients with a variety of different conditions and diseases. The clinic offers state of the art services in several different clinical specialties, among them the intensive care unit, maternal and child unit, high complexity surgery and hospitalization services in most specialties, and all diagnostic support services.
- Clinical laboratory
- Digestive endoscopy
- Electro diagnostics
- Emergency services
- General surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Intensive care adults
- Intensive care neonates
- Internal medicine
- Language therapy
- Maternal-Fetal medicine
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Nutrition and diet
- Palliative care
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Pediatric infectology
- Pediatric nephrology
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Pediatric psychiatry
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Radiology and diagnostic imaging
- Respiratory therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Thorax surgery
- Tissue transplantation
More details on certified services
24 Hour Emergencies
In order to deal with emergencies on a 24 hours basis, the Emergency Service has the adequate physical and technological infrastructure to treat trauma, acute and subacute states of diseases of high complexity.
We have high technology equipment in each of the functional areas, which allow us to deliver reliable results and a correct diagnosis.
- Blood and urine chemistry, immunology and hormones
- Hematology and coagulation
- Transfusion medicine (availability for all blood components and immunohematology)
- Microbiology (bacteriology, mycology and parasitology)
Laboratory of Pathology and Cytology (external support)
- Processing and reading of biopsies and surgical specimens
- Freezing biopsies
- Cytologies (cervico-vaginal oncology, body fluids)
- Colorations and special studies
The Clinic currently has 4 operating rooms equipped for surgery of high complexity.
Surgery is done in the following specialties:
- Urological surgery
- Plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Orthopedics and traumatology
- Child Surgery
- Obesity surgery
- Chest surgery
- Surgical emergencies
- Dermatological surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Endoscopic surgery – ERCP
Hand in hand with the specialized pneumology service, the Clinic offers comprehensive care in the treatment of outpatients and hospitalized patients with respiratory diseases.
- Respiratory physiotherapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Aerosol therapy
- Ventilator and airway management
- Respiratory rehabilitation
- Respiratory education and prevention
- Diagnostic Bronchoscopy (in conjunction with Pneumology)
- Bronchial and bronchoalveolar lavage (cytology, microbiology)
- Brushing the bronchial
- Bronchial and transbronchial biopsies
- Pulmonary Laboratory
- Spirometry and volume flow curve pre and post bronchodilator
- Maximum voluntary ventilation
- Peak expiratory flow
Intensive Care Unit – ICU
Adult Intensive Care Unit
- We have 12 beds located in independent cubicles that allow the stay of a relative or companion.
- Interdisciplinary group of specialists offering comprehensive patient management.
- Respiratory therapy and nutritional support group.
- Specialized care for the high obstetric risk patients as a complementary service to the Maternal and Child Unit, guaranteeing mothers immediate access to intensive care in the event of requiring it and thus providing continuity supported by the group of specialists who have been managing gestation.
- Renal replacement therapy for adult patients.
- Modern technology in hemodynamic monitoring and mechanical ventilation.
Diagnostic Imaging Unit
- Conventional Radiology and Special Procedures
- CT scans
Maternal and Child Unit
The Maternal and Child Unit of the Clinic is a national and international reference center, which provides comprehensive care to patients with severe maternal and fetal pathology requiring advanced obstetric and perinatal care, intrauterine therapy and fetal surgery.
Orthopedics and traumatology
Multidisciplinary team consisting of: pulmonology, chest surgery and respiratory therapy with the best scientific and human quality and with the possibility to offer the following programs:
Spirometry and / or volume flow curve pre and post beta two.
- Interpretation and realization of arterial gases.
- External consultation where diagnosis, treatment, education and follow-up of pulmonary pathologies are done.
- Hospitalization (floor and ICU) and emergencies.
- Diagnostic fiber optic bronchoscopy where bronchial lavage, bronchoalveolar lavage, bronchial brushing, bronchial or transbronchial biopsy are performed.
- Diagnostic or therapeutic thoracentesis.